HubSpot recently conducted a study that found that 85% of businesses use video content as an effective marketing tool, and 87% use it for internal and external communications. To meet the needs of organizations in today's fast-paced and competitive business climate, the Enterprise Video Platform has become an essential business solution. It enables organizations to streamline live conferences and meetings to fulfill various video-related tasks within an organization.
Schedule a Demo with Our Video Expert!
Discover how Gumlet can help you build a cutting-edge video streaming infrastructure.
What is an Enterprise Video Platform?
An Enterprise Video Platform (EVP) is a centralized system that deals with video management for various businesses. It is responsible for creating, managing, storing, and delivering high-quality video content to employees within the company or clients outside the company. The main features of these video platforms include live stream management, video analytics, security, access control, video hosting, and high-end integration capabilities.
EVPs act as a video CMS (Content Management System) capable of creating engaging video content for business functions like employee training, communication, marketing, customer support, and so on. Ultimately, an Enterprise Video Platform is an effective business solution that can help companies manage heaps of data, boost productivity, and improve communication and collaboration with minimal costs incurred.
How is it Different from a Traditional Online Video Platform?
Both Enterprise Video Platforms and Traditional Online Video Platforms (OVPs) offer clients a range of features to manage their video content. However, they share many key differences:
- EVP is designed as a business solution, while OVP is geared toward meeting consumer needs.
- EVP offers additional features like security, access control, and integration for enterprise video content needs.
- EVP is more customizable for clients, allowing modifications to UI, branding, and other specifications.
- EVP is more expensive than OVP due to the host of additional features offered. OVP is more affordable and geared towards direct consumer use.
Why is an Enterprise Video Platform Essential for Your Business?
Enterprise Video Platforms are essential to sustain businesses that are looking to remain competitive and innovative within their businesses. Several trends demand installing and implementing a centralized online video management system wherein digital content can be curated and used to boost remote collaboration, communication, marketing returns, etc., to yield better business outcomes. Now that you know the importance of EVPs, let’s discuss the specific benefits of installing one in your company.
Benefits of Enterprise Video Platform
Implementing a well-equipped Enterprise Video Platform system to meet your company's video needs can offer you a lot.
Have a look at some of these benefits:
- Enterprise Video Platforms provide a centralized repository for creating, storing, and managing videos while also taking on the responsibility of distributing and retaining them.
- EVPs protect a company's digital assets with various security features like password-protected access, secure enterprise streaming, etc.
- Overlooks video access control, ensuring only authorized personnel can use sensitive data.
- Provides various tools for video management, such as metadata tagging, categorization, improved search functions, and so on.
- Offers strong video analytics features to help companies determine their video programs' success, especially in marketing and communications.
- Reduces significant expenditure by automating repetitive tasks and making remote collaboration smoother.
- Improves customer satisfaction and engagement by curating personalized video content for marketing and customer support executives.
Use Cases of Enterprise Video Platforms
Enterprise Video Platforms can deal with organizational video management needs on various fronts.
Some of the most common use cases of EVP systems are as follows:
- Corporate Communication: EVPs effectively smoothen an organization's internal and external communication strategies by delivering announcements, updates, etc.
- Human Resource Development & Training: EVPs can create engaging and effective video content for employee training, effectively completing the task without incurring the additional costs associated with on-site training.
- Marketing Strategies: Video content like product demos, customer testimonials, social media content, and promotional videos are key for a company’s marketing campaign. EVPs oversee all of these elements.
- Events and Conferences: EVPs are mainly responsible for effective remote collaboration by hosting live events and video conferences in which participants from different locations can come together and participate.
- Knowledge Repository Management: EVPs oversee the entire lifecycle of informational videos that are stored in a centralized repository. Employees can access such information rapidly with the help of effective video platforms.
- Talent Acquisition: EVPs play a huge role in attracting top talent by creating and distributing videos showcasing the company culture, achievements, and unique selling propositions.
Features to Consider in Enterprise Video Platforms
Top video platforms provide different features tailored to meet specific business requirements. To get the best out of your investment, you need to be well aware of the capabilities of your EVP systems.
Here’s a list of top features that you should look for while selecting a decent Enterprise Video Platform.
- Video Creation and Management Features: The EVP should be able to create and edit videos. Look for essential tools like screen recording, video trimming & cropping, visual effects, audio adjustments, etc.
- Video Hosting Capabilities: The platform should be well-equipped with features like video storage, categorization, and tagging for efficient hosting.
- Live Streaming Support: The platform should be capable of hosting live streams, conferences, and events with the ability to manage and schedule them.
- Security and Access Features: Maximum security features like encryption and password protection should be included in the system. Moreover, access control functions should be present to prevent unauthorized access to videos.
- Analytics and Tracking Tools: Tools to track metrics such as views, engagement, and retention rates should be present to allow businesses to measure the effectiveness of their video strategies.
- Customization: The platform should be customizable to communicate brand messages and tailor the interface to meet business goals.
- Mobile Compatibility: The video platform must also be compatible with Android and iOS smartphones to make it more accessible to employees.
- Integration Capabilities: The video platform must be compatible with other enterprise systems and content management systems for maximum efficiency.
Top Enterprise Video Platforms
There are many Enterprise Video Platforms on the market. But not all of them are designed to meet high-end needs.
To help you with your research, we have shortlisted three EVP systems that can help you manage the lifecycle of organizational video content and boost business productivity:
Gumlet is an end-to-end video streaming and image delivery platform designed for enterprises. It enables swift uploading, optimization, hosting, and analysis of videos and images and helps businesses improve their site's UX, SEO, and engagement.
- Gumlet enables swift video uploading, hosting, and streaming
- It optimizes videos and images for faster loading, better responsiveness, and higher-quality visuals
- Gumlet Insights provides all the necessary metrics for video engagement.
- Offers best-in-class video transcoding with per-title-encoding and the highest image optimization without quality loss
Panopto is one of the most well-equipped Enterprise Video Platforms on the internet. It supports various functions like video hosting, live streaming of conferences and events, recording, and video editing capabilities. The system also has strong integration facilities as well as mobile support.
- Drag-and-Drop Video Upload
- Interactive HTML5 Video Players
- Video Analytics and Reporting
Vidyard is a highly capable, all-in-one business solution that is capable of dealing with video hosting, analyzing, and messaging capabilities. It has a strong integration capacity and some of the most powerful lead-generation tools in the industry. There are several standout features, and the overall package is not too pricey either.
- Screen recording and Quick Video Editing.
- Password and SSO protection for video content.
- Automatic transcriptions.
Brightcove is a personal favorite of digital marketers because of its strong integration and analytics capabilities. The video management system allows cross-platform analysis and insights into video performance across multiple channels like social media platforms and different websites.
- Cross-platform Analytics and Reporting.
- Video Cloud Studio to manage video workflow.
- Interactive Video Player.
Having a proper Enterprise Video Platform can be highly beneficial for your organization. Not only are they capable of creating videos, but they are also responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of organizational video content. With a rapidly increasing demand for making engaging videos for marketing, collaboration, communications, and customer support, the need for installing EVPs is no longer a luxury but a necessity for businesses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. What is Enterprise Video Content Management?
Enterprise Video Content Management is a collection of tools and technologies for organizing, storing, retaining, and distributing organizational video content through an effective software solution.
2. Is an Enterprise Video Platform economical?
Enterprise Video Platforms are highly economical for businesses in the long run. They can streamline organizational workflows, improve efficiency, and reduce running costs incurred on various fronts, such as employee training, on-site meetings, etc.
3. What is Enterprise Video Streaming?
Enterprise Video Streaming delivers live or pre-recorded organizational video content to employees within the organization. Such streaming events are generally used for employee training, announcements, and other forms of internal communications within a company.
4. What is the largest video distribution platform?
YouTube is currently the world's largest video distribution platform, with over 2 billion monthly active users and millions of video content shared by creators and businesses globally.