What is Remote Live Streaming?
Remote Live Streaming refers to the live broadcast of digital content by a video production within established premises with internet connectivity.
The main difference between a Remote Live Streaming production and a Traditional Live Video Production is that the former uses the participants' webcams, camcorders, or camera phones in the video spread across different locations.
In traditional live streaming, the production uses broadcast cameras in just one location.
Remote Live Streaming vs. Video Conferencing
The traditional concept of video conferencing shares many similarities with remote live streaming. The primary difference lies in the method of operation.
In remote live streaming, a video director is responsible for switching the live program between various participants in the same manner they would direct any live broadcast with multi-camera configurations.
In remote live streaming, the different elements in the director's control include incorporating introductory videos, manipulating graphic titles and lower thirds, and using intentional camera cuts to switch between multiple speakers and/or participants.
Benefits of Remote Live Streaming
- Enhanced viewing experience due to third-party management and direction.
- Constant division of labor between the participants, the director, and the background team.
- Best-suited for streaming live events, meets, get-togethers, podcasts, and discussions involving various participants from different locations.
- Smoother communication between various participants.
- Switching between various live-stream participants feels more natural and smoother than traditional live-streaming methods.
Limitations of Remote Live Streaming
- Requires a strong internet connection on each of the client’s ends.
- Might face inconsistency in streaming quality as per the devices used by the participants for video and audio playback.
- Finding a proper production house to support your event to be live-streamed can be expensive. The traditional route is more or less free.