2023 marked a transformative period of growth for Gumlet. Our commitment to simplifying and democratizing video technology has driven us to evolve our products completely. Here's a condensed overview of our journey in 2023.
This year, we've significantly advanced Gumlet Video. We've built features, redesigned the dashboard, welcomed thousands of new users, achieved product validation, and gained valuable insights.
Gumlet Video evolved from a developer-centric SaaS platform to an accessible video hosting, management, and streaming service. Now, even those without technical expertise, like first-time course creators, can effortlessly upload, optimize, and stream videos globally, with enterprise-grade features like a custom player and robust video protection.
- Gumlet Video 2.0: We transformed into a full-stack video hosting and streaming solution for enterprises, small businesses, creators, video marketers or anyone needing to share videos with the world.
- Dashboard Redesign: We took feedback from hundreds of customers and reworked our dashboard to be intuitive and user-friendly.
- AI enhancements:
- Automatic subtitles.
- AI-based background removal.
- Image super-resolution.
- Intelligent cropping.
- Multilingual, multifaceted AI search.
- Major feature updates:
- Brand new Video CMS.
- New blog, website, and dashboard powered by Next.js.
- Video details page with analytics
- Single-click video import
- Video channel and watch pages
- Cross-platform support with oEmbed, Embed.ly and more
- Updated startup credits program
- JPEG-XL support, which got us on the homepage of Hackernews!
Growth in Numbers
This year, we transcoded 6 million minutes and streamed 240 million minutes of video. We delivered 550 billion media files to 190 countries without any downtime.
Key growth metrics:
- Onboarded over 2k prosumers to Gumlet Video. We learned a lot from them and evolved rapidly.
- Our community traffic grew 35x, skyrocketing from ~100 visitors to over 3500 visitors through the year.
- Website traffic grew 7x this year, going from ~10k in January to ~70k in December.
- Our Social media impressions doubled, with over a million impressions in total.
- We partnered with 35 leading VC funds and accelerators for our Startup credits program.
Sticking to our remote work model, we grew from 26 to 36 team members. We got together once at our headquarters for an onsite and spent 3 days in Bangalore catching up and partying. Our in-house content marketer now hosts our fellow company mates on a social media segment we call “Coffee with Shubham” and spills some serious tea.
In 2023, we rewrote Gumlet’s story with significant updates, making video hosting and streaming more accessible for all.
For 2024, we will continue building the product for our customers, focus on further simplifying complex video tech for the masses and double down on marketing. We are thrilled to be building the video and image infrastructure for the Internet.