Last Revised: June 1, 2023
As an authorized affiliate (Affiliate) of Gumlet, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. Please read the entire Agreement carefully before registering and promoting Gumlet as an Affiliate.
Your participation in the Program is solely to legally advertise our website to receive a commission on products purchased by individuals referred to Gumlet by your own website or personal referrals.
By signing up for the "Gumlet Affiliate Program" (Program), you indicate your acceptance of this Agreement and its terms and conditions.
1. Affiliate Applications
We reserve the right to approve or reject ANY Affiliate Program Application at our sole and absolute discretion. You will have no legal recourse against us for the rejection of your Affiliate Program Application. The reason we reserve this right is that our affiliate program is free to join and there are many people who will spam the offers and not care enough about our overall community. We must protect this affiliate program for the long term for the ethical and honest marketers, and filter out those that use black hat tactics and attempt to ruin the opportunity for everyone else. We will do our best to approve every application possible, but we must reserve the right to decline and reject any application for any reason at our discretion.
Commissions are paid once a month towards the end of the month. Commissions are earned by referring members using your approved affiliate links available in the affiliate portal. The rules of calculating commission are published on the affiliate page and the affiliate portal from time to time.
3. Termination Your affiliate application and status in the Program may be suspended or terminated for any of the following reasons:\
- Inappropriate advertisements (false claims, misleading hyperlinks, etc.).
- Spamming (mass email, mass newsgroup posting, etc.).
- Advertising on sites containing or promoting illegal activities.
- Failure to disclose the affiliate relationship for any promotion that qualifies as an endorsement under respective applicable laws.
- Violation of intellectual property rights. Gumlet reserves the right to require license agreements from those who employ trademarks of Gumlet in order to protect our intellectual property rights.
- Offering rebates, coupons, or another form of promised kick-backs from your affiliate commission as an incentive. Adding bonuses or bundling other products with Gumlet, however, is acceptable.
- Self-referrals, fraudulent transactions, suspected Affiliate fraud.
- In addition to the foregoing, Gumlet reserves the right to terminate any Affiliate account at any time, for any violations of this Agreement or no reason.
4. Affiliate Links
Gumlet provides every affiliate with its own approved affiliate links in their Gumlet affiliate program portal. Affiliates may ONLY use approved affiliate links when promoting Gumlet.
Affiliates MAY forward a custom domain name to their affiliate link to mask it, or they MAY use a URL shortener for their affiliate links but Gumlet will not be responsible for any tracking issues that may arise from doing so. Gumlet recommends using the approved affiliate links. If you are more advanced and want to use a different domain for your affiliate links, we highly suggest that you test and track your links carefully, as Gumlet will not be held responsible for any tracking issues that may arise from your choice of adjusting the affiliate links.
Gumlet also provides additional banners, videos, email copy, and social media copy that affiliates can use when promoting Gumlet. You MAY create your own graphics and use your own copy to promote Gumlet, but if you are going to make claims in your advertisements, whether income claims or lifestyle claims, you must first get approval from Gumlet by emailing your images and/or copy to email@example.com.
5. Income & Lifestyle Claims
Gumlet Affiliates are advised against making income claims or lifestyle claims in your marketing. These categories are heavily audited and are sometimes abused by affiliates, which could lead to the termination of their accounts.
Common types of income claims include “potential” amounts that someone could make if they joined Gumlet, or “generalized” amounts of income that a specific affiliate has earned with Gumlet. We highly suggest avoiding these types of income claims.
If you are going to share the potential income that someone can earn (for example, while teaching the affiliate program in a tutorial video), then you must use the following income disclosure:
** Income Disclosure**
There are no guarantees of income with the Gumlet Affiliate Program. Some affiliates earn no money, while some earn enough to be full-time affiliates. The results will vary wildly, and therefore no results can be guaranteed. Any examples given are simply hypothetical. We always suggest due diligence when researching and reviewing any affiliate program, including Gumlet.
Lifestyle claims should be treated similarly to Income claims. A lifestyle claim is when you make claims about how you’ve achieved a certain lifestyle (or specific lifestyle item) as the result of the Gumlet Affiliate Program. It’s important to note that it doesn’t only refer to direct lifestyle claims, but also indirect claims as well.
In the industry, this is known as enticement, and it is not a practice that we encourage in the Gumlet Affiliate Program. The enticement is when an affiliate lures someone to join through their link by enticing them with lifestyle claims or income claims related to Gumlet. The worst example of enticement is when the affiliate indirectly suggests that their lifestyle was acquired as the result of earnings from the Gumlet affiliate program, when the income they used to pay for that lifestyle may have come from a different source completely, and we are strongly against this at Gumlet.
If you want to share specific lifestyle accomplishments that you’ve attained as a result of being a Gumlet affiliate, we highly suggest that you email our compliance department in advance to request approval of your posts, images, or videos before releasing them to the public, this way you don’t run a risk of having your affiliate account suspended or terminated. You can contact compliance by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Pay Per Click (PPC) Policy
PPC bidding is allowed, with the following exclusions:\
- PPC bidding is allowed, with the following exclusions:
- Affiliates are NOT allowed to run advertising that talks negatively about Gumlet, its founders, its members, or any aspect of Gumlet whatsoever. If your PPC ad might be considered negative, but it’s just for a hook to generate clicks, then you will need to get approval through our compliance department first.
- PPC bidding is risky. Gumlet will not be held responsible in any way whatsoever for the results or issues that may arise from PPC bidding.
- Gumlet reserves the right to change its stance on PPC bidding at any time, so if you are running PPC ads, you must be ready to adjust ads in the event that the terms and conditions change regarding PPC ads, which could be at any time.
Gumlet will not be liable for indirect or accidental damages (loss of revenue, commissions) due to affiliate tracking failures, loss of database files, or any results of intents of harm to the Program and/or to our website(s).
We do not make any expressed or implied warranties with respect to the Program and/or the memberships or products sold by Gumlet. We make no claim that the operation of the Program and/or our website(s) will be error-free and we will not be liable for any interruptions or errors.
8. Terms of the Agreement
The terms of this Agreement begin upon your acceptance in the Program and will end when your Affiliate account is terminated.
The terms and conditions of this agreement may be modified by us at any time. If any modification to the terms and conditions of this Agreement are unacceptable to you, your only choice is to terminate your Affiliate account. Your continuing participation in the Program will constitute your acceptance of any change.
Affiliate shall indemnify and hold harmless Gumlet and its affiliate and subsidiary companies, officers, directors, employees, licensees, successors and assigns, including those licensed or authorized by Gumlet to transmit and distribute materials, from any and all liabilities, damages, fines, judgments, claims, costs, losses, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and costs) arising out of or related to any and all claims sustained in connection with this Agreement due to the negligence, misrepresentation, failure to disclose, or intentional misconduct of Affiliate.
10. Governing Law, Jurisdiction, and Attorney Fees
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Singapore. Any dispute arising under or related in any way to this Agreement shall be adjudicated exclusively in the state courts located in Singapore. In the event of litigation to enforce any provision of this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover from the other party its costs and fees, including reasonable legal fees.
11. Electronic Signatures Effective
The Agreement is an electronic contract that sets out the legally binding terms of your participation in the Gumelt affiliate program. You indicate your acceptance of this Agreement and all of the terms and conditions contained or referenced in this Agreement by completing the Gumlet application process. This action creates an electronic signature that has the same legal force and effect as a handwritten signature.