What is Video Marketing?
Video marketing involves using videos in your content strategy to market your products or services—whether by informing and educating audiences or emotionally engaging them and building rapport.
Videos are embedded in landing pages, shared on social media, emails, delivered via OTT platforms, and more.
Benefits of Video Marketing
Businesses today are increasingly leveraging video to gain an edge over their competitors, Grab audience attention, and promote their brand. Here's how video marketing benefits brands:
- Video improves SEO: The average audience spends an estimated 19 hours per week streaming videos online. High-quality video content can ignite audience interest and improve engagement—which drives traffic to your website and helps you rank higher in search engine result pages (SERPs).
Read more: Best Video SEO practices to follow
- You are visible longer on pages: The average consumer spends 88% more time on pages with videos.
- Videos grab attention: Videos help you stand out in a crowded, content-heavy market.
- Videos drive more conversions: Viewers retain 95% of a message when it is presented in a visual form. If done right, video marketing will translate to higher engagement and, thus, more conversions.
- Videos are more shareable: Social media videos attract 1200% more shares; Linkedin videos are shared 20x more than other content formats.
Video Marketing Use-cases:
An effective video marketing strategy considers your brand's long-term goals, performance metrics, and your buyer's journey. Here's how you can use videos in your marketing campaigns:
- Captivating video ads
- Shareable social videos
- Live videos
- Video-based newsletters
- Video explainers
- Customer testimonials
- Product demos or reviews
- Educational or training videos