What is Video hosting?
Video hosting refers to uploading your video content on a third-party platform and distributing it online via direct access (e.g., YouTube) or embedding it to your web pages and social channels. There are a ton of free as well as paid video hosting services that allow you to store and distribute videos online.
Benefits of Video Hosting:
While businesses can self-design their video hosting server on-site, there are undeniable advantages to using a video hosting platform:
- Cost-effective: A remote, cloud-based video hosting platform streamlines the hosting process and cuts down bandwidth and storage costs.
- Technical know-how: You don't need additional technical expertise to host your videos online.
- Branding: A video hosting platform, particularly a paid service, allows you to exclusively brand your content to promote brand awareness and boost user experience.
- Analytics: Video hosting services provide detailed insights into your video's performance—from video views, play rate, engagement, concurrent users, shares, conversion, and so on.
- Support: Tackling issues with your video hosting infrastructure doesn't fall on you; a dedicated team will instantly address your queries.
Top Video Hosting Services
The top video hosting platforms in 2022 are YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Gumlet, WordPress Video Hosting: Jetpack, Brightcove, and more.
Each platform has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Choosing a service that aligns with your brand intent and goals is important.